Timo Sarpaneva, one of Finland’s most prominent designers, called the Timo tumbler his finest glass ever. Made of heat-resistant glass which is 30% stronger than normal glass, shaped to fit both big and small hands, and with a slightly cone-shaped top to protect the glass in the dishwasher. The Timo tumbler is an excellent example of how form follows function. The ‘Termo’ glass has an added silicone string that protects the hand. Use it for really hot beverages like tea or coffee.
- Brand: Design House Stockholm
- Brand origin: Sweden
- Designer: Time Sarpaneva
- Material: Heat-resistant glass (30% stronger than normal glass), silicone string.
- Capacity 33 cl (11 fl.oz)
- Microwave- and dishwasher safe.
- Dimension: h8 dia9cm
- Capacity: 30cl
- Free standard delivery upon $500 order.
- Order will be delivered within 3 - 5 working days by SF Express.
- Place order before 20Dec 2016 to receive before Christmas day (25Dec).
- Currently we only offer shipping within Hong Kong. For oversea enquiry (include Macau), please contact us at CS1@homeless.hk
Professor Timo Sarpaneva (1926 — 2006) was one of Finland’s most well-known industrial designers and artists, renowned for his textile and glass products. Timo was convinced that even small everyday objects can posses architectonical qualities. He collaborated during his whole career with Iittala, where he designed tableware, his cast-iron pot with wooden handle, and even Iittala’s logotype. He also worked with glass sculptures for Venini in Murano, Italy, textile design for Kinnasand and several Finnish textile manufacturers like Tempella, the extraordinary Suomi full-line dinner service for Rosenthal, and the Timo tumbler for Design House Stockholm in 1998.